Giar Equipment, is continually seeking top talent for positions of: Construction Equipment Service Technician (in-house and/or field-service) and Construction Equipment Sales Account Manager.
Since 1974, Giar Equipment, has been dedicated to serving construction equipment owners and operators, with outstanding equipment sales, service, repair, and replacement parts. We have expanded our offerings into rental construction equipment, customized trucking and specialized fabrication services.
We are a family owned and operated company, located off 68th street near M6 and Kalamazoo Ave., south of Grand Rapids.
We currently represent product lines which include: Pettibone, Barko, Fassi, Palfinger, Navigator, Trailboss, Cleasby, and EZ Grout…to name a few.
Construction Equipment Service Technician
This position is responsible for the maintenance (diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment) of machines serviced by the dealership, whether located at the customer's site, warehouse, Giar facility, or other location in a timely, quality manner. Common equipment types are cranes, bulldozers, conveyors, forklifts, knuckleboom forklifts, loaders, trucks/vehicles and trailers.
Individual should convey value to customers through excellent workmanship, positive demeanor, and courtesy with a high level of integrity.
- Heavy Equipment repair (i.e. Construction/Farm) experience preferred
- Tech/Trade School Graduates in related programs preferred but not required
- State certification in Heavy Duty Truck repair a bonus but not required
- Able to lift parts/tools in excess of 25-50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have own mechanics tools
- Full Time; M-F
- We will pay for State Certifications in Heavy Duty Truck Repair modules
- Starting Wage (hourly) depends on experience – competitive with industry
- Benefits available to full time employees: Dental, Medical, 401K, Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday
Construction Equipment Sales Account Manager
We seek energetic self-starters, who embrace technology tools with sales efforts, value establishing long term relationships, work well independently and with accountabilities to add to a newly created sales team.
- Call on prospects, explore and develop opportunity, and close sales, throughout the state of Michigan.
- Conduct routine visits to current customer base to establish presence and maintain continuous working relationship.
- Generate new customer growth through market outreach via parts, service and whole goods sales.
- Plan and maintain a contact calendar.
- Attend Sales Training and continuous education classes for equipment manufacturers
- Maintain and use CRM (Customer/Contact Relationship Management) database for reporting, tracking, and marketing
- Conduct customer equipment demonstrations, safety training, and/or operator training
- Maintain relationships with manufacturer representatives
- Complete call reports, expense reports, fuel log.
- Adhere to company policy.
- Heavy equipment, truck, trailer and/or agricultural equipment sales experience. Minimum 3 years.
- Friendly/Outgoing personality
- Well informed of industry equipment use and regulations
- Safety conscience
- Well versed in use of Microsoft Office Suite products, email, etc.
- Possess and maintain a valid Michigan Drivers License
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Able to lift 50+ pounds on occasion
- Driving extended distances
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Full Time; M-F. Operating hours are 7:30 am – 5pm. Average work week between 40-50 hours. Occasional weekend work, should customer demand. Some overnight travel may be required, on occasion.
- Base salary depends on experience.
- Commission based off of whole goods sales and on new customer equipment rental, parts and service sales, on a tiered system.
- No defined territory – position is product application/specialty based
- Benefits available: Dental, Medical, 401K, vacation, holidays, company vehicle or allowance, cell-phone, laptop, fuel card, uniform shirts, etc.